Christmas Creek Pork
The job is located in Rural Queensland at Lamington Qld 2hrs drive south west of Brisbane and Gold Coast for Christmas Creek Pork.
The duties consist of but not limited to the following:-
- Daily Inspection of livestock, such that the animals are appropriately fed, watered.
- Supervision of the birthing process, including the ability to physically conduct unsupervised internal assessments of females during farrowing to minimise the incidence of still births.
- Work at the grower / finisher unit, which includes boxing up sale including moving and loading pigs.
- Pressure washing pens and sheds.
- Adhering to animal husbandry and animal welfare programs
- Selection of breeding and watering of pigs and preparation of feed rations.
- Operation of Farm Machinery.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe workplace and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Running repairs and maintenance.
- Full time permanent employment
- Minimum 3 years working on a pig farm
- Cert IV in Agriculture desirable
- Accommodation offered onsite.
- Salary range on offer $56,000 - $59,000 per year + super. Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
- Rostered 88 hours per fortnight. Occasionally additional hours may be required.
- Employment under the Pastoral Award 2010
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: