Use your incredible people skills to support and care for people living in the beautiful Scenic Rim area – just 30 minutes from the centre of Logan, and 1 hour from the centres of Ipswich and the Gold Coast.
Beaucare is a not-for-profit agency based in Beaudesert with a very long and proud history of supporting our communities.
Our region is growing very quickly and Beaucare is also growing so we can meet the future needs of our vibrant, eclectic and resilient communities. With the current population growth and the introduction of the NDIS and Aged Care Packages, our client numbers have increased significantly and we currently have a new opportunity available within our Administration team.
We value and respect our staff, building on individual strengths and providing opportunities for further growth and learning. If you are looking for a working environment where you have everyday contact with beautiful natural surroundings, your feedback is encouraged and listened to, your skills recognised and your need for work/life balance appreciated, we are the organisation for you.
What we offer
- A caring, values based organisation.
- A supportive team of passionate, dedicated professionals.
- Rewarding work that will make a positive impact on others and the community.
- Attractive salary packaging including $15,900 packaging limit plus $2650 for meals and entertainment expenses per FBT year. (This enables you to pay for certain things from your pre-tax gross salary and thus reduce the amount of tax you pay).
- Generous training and professional development .
- Caring and supportive supervision and support to do your job well.
- Flexible working arrangements.
We are seeking an Accounts Officer with excellent attention to detail, who is a team-player and self-starter. This position is being offered as a part time position - 32 hours per week.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist in the management of Beaucare’s finances through a variety of processing, reporting and administrative responsibilities.
This role has accountability for accounts payable & accounts receivable and providing general administration assistance including:
- Accounts receivable processing including invoicing (both manual data entry and uploading from third party software packages including excel), receipting, banking, prepare and send statements to debtors, follow up on unpaid accounts, basic reconciliations and basic reporting with limited supervision.
- Accounts payable including entering of supplier invoices into accounting software, paying of invoices (both manual loading and use of ABA files), credit card reconciliations and entering, basic reconciliations and basic reporting with some supervision.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Cash counting and handling.
- Preparation of basic general ledger reconciliations with limited supervision.
- General administration assistance include reception coverage, room bookings and setting up meetings, document control and miscellaneous support to staff.
Your skills and experience
- Certificate III In Business Administration or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in administration including accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Demonstrated high level attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel or other analytical tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work with accounting software packages (e.g. MYOB) including the ability to enter financial data into the package, to navigate the package and to print reports from the package.
- Relevant qualifications/training certification (desirable).
- Excellent communication skills, including a great phone manner
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to settle disputes with a proactive and constructive manner.
- Proven team player with a willingness to assist where and when required.
- Experience in the community sector is desirable.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Have a QLD Blue Card or willing to obtain one
- Have an NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) Clearance or be willing to obtain one
How to apply
Please apply via Seek.
To find out more about the position, please contact Ainsley Hinkins, Manager Operational Support Services on 07 5541 4216.
Applications close Monday 21st June at 5.00pm
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: