Support Workers - Aged and Disability
Use your incredible people skills to support and care for people living in the beautiful Scenic Rim area – just 30 minutes from the centre of Logan, and 1 hour from the centres of Ipswich and the Gold Coast.
Beaucare is a not-for-profit agency based in Beaudesert with a very long and proud history of supporting our communities.
Our region is growing very quickly and Beaucare is also growing so we can meet the future needs of our vibrant, eclectic and resilient communities. With the current population growth and the introduction of the NDIS and Aged Care Packages, our client numbers have increased significantly and we currently have new opportunities available within our Disability Support and Aged Care teams.
We value and respect our staff, building on individual strengths and providing opportunities for further growth and learning. If you are looking for a working environment where you have everyday contact with beautiful natural surroundings, your feedback is encouraged and listened to, your skills recognised and your need for work/life balance appreciated, we are the organisation for you.
What we offer
- A caring, values based organisation.
- A supportive team of passionate, dedicated professionals.
- Rewarding work that will make a positive impact on others and the community.
- Attractive salary packaging including $15,900 packaging limit plus $2650 for meals and entertainment expenses per FBT year. (This enables you to pay for certain things from your pre-tax gross salary and thus reduce the amount of tax you pay).
- Generous training and professional development.
- Caring and supportive supervision and support to do your job well.
- Flexible working arrangements.
We are currently recruiting for both permanent part-time and casual Support Workers for both Disability Support and in home Aged Care. The position is paid as a Home Care Employee Level 1 or 2 dependent on qualifications and experience under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services 2010 Award.
As a Disability Support Worker you will be directly responsible for the day-to-day support, personal care and personal development of clients. Personal support could include such tasks as shopping, menu planning, meal preparation, providing transport to and from medical appointments, providing social support such as outings to shops, excursions and assisting with personal care and medication.
Some of our disability support roles work on 24/7 rotating rosters, so flexibility to work on days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts is required.
Aged Care Support Workers are responsible for providing domestic assistance, personal care, mobility assistance, providing transport to and from medical appointments and social support such as outings to shops or on excursions.
We are looking for people who
- Are enthusiastic about supporting people and making a difference.
- Have the ability to support others with personal care and domestic duties in a respectful way (and happy for this to be part of your job).
- Have the capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks.
- Enjoy working in a small team environment as well as independently when required.
- Have good computer, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality and are reliable.
- Have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support – Note: This is not a ‘must’. We are happy to provide training to help get you qualified.
- Can be available for a minimum of 20 hours per fortnight.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Willingness to use own vehicle and keep it comprehensively insured and roadworthy
- Have a QLD Blue Card or willing to obtain one
- Have a National Police check (For Aged Care only)
- Have an NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) Clearance or be willing to obtain one (For Disability only)
- Have completed the NDIS Worker Orientation Module prior to commencing (For Disability only)
- Have a current First Aid and CPR Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to commencing
If you are passionate about supporting people to be active, inclusive participants in their communities and would like to work in a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please apply via Seek.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Beaucare on 07 55414216.
Applications close Monday 21st June at 5.00pm
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: