Senior Supervisor Alliance and Contract Works
Scenic Rim Regional Council
Scenic Rim Regional Council delivers community services and infrastructure to a population of more than 40,000. With a team exceeding 420 employees, we are committed to shaping a progressive future for our community through collaboration, integration and innovation. We are extremely proud of our region which is well renowned for its breathtaking scenery, agricultural and tourism industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled and experienced person to join the Resources and Sustainability Business Unit to supervise the construction of the region’s roads, bridges and infrastructure in accordance with technical specifications and within program timelines and budget. The position involves supporting management with the execution of alliance, Council and contract works, contributing to the continuous improvement of Council’s road and bridge network and supporting the goals and objectives of the region’s Transport Management Program.
Core responsibilities of this role include:
- On-going planning, improvement and supervision of civil construction, alliance and maintenance projects
- Review, monitor and record project performance
- Review budgets and determine training needs of subordinate personnel
- Assess and review performance and work standards for all subordinate personnel and advise Coordinator Alliance and Contract Works of substandard performance
- Manage compliance and adhere to policies, procedures and instructions as per the contract to deliver quality and safe services.
- Assist in on-the-job training for subordinate employees including the delivery of toolbox talks
- In accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, take reasonable care for your own health, safety and wellbeing and take reasonable care to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of others
The successful applicant will bring/have:
Certificate IV in Civil Construction and / or project management qualifications well regarded
- A current card for 30215 Queensland – Course in General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) or equivalent
- Current Class C (Standard) Driver Licence
- Demonstrated effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in managing operational activities and training operational staff
- Computer skills including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Project) and Council’s software programs, e.g. Technology One, ECM, Reflect, Radar, Smartsheet, and Dekho
Conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement with the remuneration being in the range of $70,422.56 to 75,227.32 per annum.
To apply please submit via SEEK:
- A statement(maximum of 2 pages) demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the specific requirements and responsibilities of this position.
- A current resume (maximum of 5 pages) which should include the names and contact details of at least 3 referees. One referee should be a Manager you have worked for during the past two years.
Close date: Applications are to be received by 12 noon 24 June 2021 and are required to be submitted via SEEK.
For further information, please refer Council's website.
Please direct any related queries to Jobs@scenicrim.qld.gov.au.
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 25
BEAUDESERT QLD 4285
Phone: (07) 5540 5111
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: