Scenic Rim Regional Council
Scenic Rim Regional Council delivers community services and infrastructure to a population of more than 40,000. With a team exceeding 420 employees, we are committed to shaping a progressive future for our community through collaboration, integration and innovation. We are extremely proud of our region which is well renowned for its breathtaking scenery, agricultural and tourism industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled and experienced person to join the Asset and Environmental Sustainability team to develop and maintain Council's parks, streetscapes, nursery services, landscapes and cemeteries using basic industry and council accepted horticultural skills and work practices. Currently this role will be based from the Boonah Depot, however Council employees may be asked to work from any of our depots.
Key responsibilities of this role include the following:
- The operational application of accepted work and horticultural practices to maintain Council’s parks, gardens, cemeteries, landscaping and nursery services.
- The operational application of accepted work and horticultural practices to install and establish quality landscape plantings using appropriate materials tools and equipment.
- As directed commence work and be based from any depot within the Council’s region.
- Comply with Council policies, procedures and instructions to deliver quality and safe services.
- In accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, you must take reasonable care for your own and others health and safety, as it relates to the position's safety responsibilities and obligations to all parties
The successful applicant will bring/have:
Certificate in Horticulture (level 3) or equivalent competencies gained through structured training or relevant practical experience is essential.
- A current Queensland “MR” Drivers License or a “C” Class Drivers License with willingness and ability to procure a “MR” Drivers License within 6 months of commencement of employment is essential.
- A current card for 30215 Qld – Course in General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) is essential.
- An Agricultural Chemical Distribution Control Commercial Operators License or the willingness and ability to procure such a license within 6 months of commencement of employment.
- Effective communication and numeracy skills including ability to liaise with supervisors and record verbal requests from the general public and ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to assist in the development and maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Ability to work and interact effectively as a team member.
- Experience in the basic operation and routine maintenance of horticultural and cemetery services parks and gardens related tools, fleet items, machinery and equipment.
Conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement with the remuneration being $54,575.64
To apply please submit the ESSENTIAL documentation as per below via SEEK:
- A statement(maximum of 2 pages) demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the specific requirements and responsibilities of this position.
- A current resume (maximum of 5 pages) which should include the names and contact details of at least 3 referees. One referee should be a Manager you have worked for during the past two years.
Close date: Applications are to be received by 12 noon Friday 25 June 2021 and are required to be submitted via SEEK.
For further information, please refer Council's website.
This process may be used to appoint like vacancies including temporary and casual that may become available within 3 months of the close date.
Please direct any related queries to Jobs@scenicrim.qld.gov.au.
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 25
BEAUDESERT QLD 4285
Phone: (07) 5540 5111
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: